Saturday, July 25, 2015

Disappointed Holmes Fan

Lock & Mori (Lock & Mori, #1)Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
 

Publishing September 2015

I so wanted to like this book.  But at about 40% read I finally realized I was just not engaged and was finding the book tedious to read.

Modern day teen Sherlock Holmes and James (female) Moriarty are "working together" on a case.  The story is told from Mori's perspective and Lock is almost a side character.  Lovers of Holmes fiction be aware of this.  At a third of the way through the book, we have only bits and pieces of Sherlock Holmes.  Mori is keeping so much information from him that his brilliant mind has little to work with.

There is apparently some physical attraction as there is some kissing, but, to be honest, I don't know why as I see no chemistry between the two. Both appear to be moody, tedious individuals.

I am abandoning the book and don't feel I can recommend it to either mystery lovers or Holmes fans.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment